Not quite sleeping beauty

Apparently I have insomnia. And apparently this means I have issues. While I would love to look like this:


Look at the peace and the restful smile. And look how comfy and cozy that pillow. So heavenly, yah? But this is actually what I look like more or less:  


I mean, eventually I fall asleep. But that's not until 2am or 3am. I turn everything off. I write in my journal. I jog. I don't eat or drink before I sleep...most times. I count sheep. I think of all the scary things at dead time that I don't want to see. But most times, I'm just awake. So I read, I write more, and then I just lay on my pillow until my lids are heavy and I get about 3-5 hours of sleep. Maybe I have issues. Maybe I don't. But live my life and maybe you'll begin to understand me. Or not. Some of you out there could probably handle the drama I've been through better than I can but I'm handling it how I can. 

I know that someday though, I'll be able to look like the gorgeous lady in the first picture and enjoy some heavenly sleep. Someday...I'm not worried. 


No comments: