Klutz!

So I've been endeavoring to be better at keeping myself healthy and sticking to a work-out/running plan. So everyday this week (with the exception of Sunday and Monday) I and my new work out buddy at the office (well not really new since we've been working out together...just not recently), I (we) have been faithfully working out to the p90x program. And I back at running again. Yea, despite what the doc has prescribed, I'm going to run. Not as strenuously...just a light jog. For cardio. I plan to do at least 30 minutes of cardio work-out everyday. I've already cut down on soda 100%. I didn't even have a sniff of soda and apparently, I need to start drinking more water anyway.

But anywho...the point of this entry is to put in writing the proof of my idiocy and clumsiness. I have to say that I have always been slightly absent-minded, a little bit (or a lot a bit) awkward, and amazingly clumsy all my life. Running into doors, falling down stairs, and hurting myself in some way every month if not every week has been a talent of mine. I'm gifted, I suppose. And yes, people laugh at my follies. Which is why I give myself permission to laugh at falling people...I have every right, I think. HAHA!

This week though. Thursday afternoon. We were doing triceps, biceps and back or something like that. My work out buddy  brought bands since we don't have adequate weights...or any weights for that matter. In the room we work out in there are no wall hangings, attachments, rafters, or anything of that nature to suspend the bands over for pull-ups. We'd been mostly avoiding the pull ups out of lack of capability...although, I'm thinking push ups would have been just as fine; honestly, I don't think we...or I was even thinking because of the extreme, excruciating soreness from our previous days' work outs. WELL bright-minded I decided "Oooo, let me suspend the bands over the door and attempt pull ups that way...."


I was going for the look above. I probably should have shut the door before I sat down and started doing the pull ups. I got to my lucky number 5!!!! And lucky for me I was wearing my glasses. The band snapped off the door and popped me in the mouth and chin. It stung like a mutha-flippin-A!!!!! And then my lips went numb and.....

it was lovely!!

I told everyone my work out buddy beat me up! Then I told them a book was thrown at me. Then I told them it was a botox treatment gone wrong. Then I just told them the truth. And they believed the truth. Thus is my life, I guess. LOL

Anywho...yay p90x!! Gonna give it another go! And bring sexy Sabrina back! 

Goal: Look like the girl with the ponytail =)



No comments: