So after switching jobs, I thought I had gotten away from a difficult patient from the dental office. She was the patient that all of us at the front desk would hide from. She always had a balance. She never completed her treatment. And she always came in with one complaint or another. She was loud. Uncouth. Brash. And oh so demanding. And it was a bad thing if she could call you by name. I was so excited to find this new job that meant never having to deal with her again. WRONG. Of all the swimming pool companies in San Antonio, Ms. Over-Demanding called the swimming pool company I worked for.
"Hi, I'm looking for a good pool company. Just purchased this home and I have no idea how to take care of a pool," her voice seems familiar but I go through my Aqua Chlor's-the-best-pool-company-for-all-your-pool-needs-pitch. I get her pool information then ask for her name.
"Oh yes, my name is Ms. Neuroticly Over-Demanding..." my pen freezes on the start up sheet. I can't believe it. I just can't believe the craziness of the situation.
"Spell it?" I have to stall. But I know very well how to spell her name. It's a very unique, one of those never forget it names. You have got to be kiddin me!!! And then panic ensues...what if she remembers my name? Recognizes my voice? Can she see me through this phone because I feel like it's completely possible now. I hang up the phone and wonder if there's a possibility I could call and tell her she's out of range...that we don't service her area? Nope, not possible. Her home is very much in the range of service. Bamboozled!!!
Well I had the pleasure of speaking with her this week...and nope, she does not recognize my voice....yet. Oh but I recognize her voice the minute she breathes into the phone. And she is still as difficult. She argued with me when I wasn't even arguing back...yes, with her, this is possible. Remember how she states on that first call that she "has no idea how to take care of a pool? Well all of a sudden she is the expert and she knows everything! And we are trying to cheat her. How do these things happen to me? It's a funny situation nonetheless. I will have to just endure and make do.
No comments:
Post a Comment