Jimmy, Jimmy he's the man :)

Tonight (or I should say early this morning), as I roam our apartment looking for sleep, my thoughts are dwelling on Jimmy. I consider myself one of the lucky girls in this world who was fortunate enough to find a really awesome, spectacular man. I don't even know what the future holds for us, but I know that right now Jimmy is the man. The one. My soul mate. I take care not to brag too much about it because the superstitious Asian-side of me believes that if you brag too much, the "gods" will take him away. BUT I have to brag! He is not at all PERFECT because there are some things he does that makes me wish I owned a Louisville slugger; but for the most part, he is wonderful. 

I first met him in high school (how rare is that!) and he was a P-U-N-K. The first thing he ever even said to me was, "Hey, shrimp." He paid with a round of push ups ( we were in JROTC, I was higher ranked and yes! I used my rank) for that comment but I'm starting to think that he probably liked the attention. In all honesty, I did NOT like him and never had any intention of getting mixed up with the likes of him. But he kept bugging me with the smurfette comments, and short jokes. And soon enough, I guess the "charm" finally seeped in. I remember the first time I knew I was starting to fall for him. Football game and he was in the color guard. On the bus, he shook my hand after upsetting me with more of his stupid comments and apologized. Why did the feel of his hands over mine give me the chills? We get to the game.  He did his thing on the field and left right after the presentation of the colors. Why was I looking around for him? And getting the urge to ask my fellow cadets where Coy was? And yes, I called him Coy and NOT Jimmy. I was actually disappointed he hadn't stayed to watch the rest of the game!! WHHAAAAAAAT?

And no relationship ever starts without the help of some good friends/matchmakers. Military ball was coming up soon and I didn't have a date...didn't want a date actually. Just wanted to get my senior year at Roosevelt done and over with. Well...rumors were flying...Coy wants to ask Yakanutt. Yakanutt wants to ask Coy. And THEN, on a Saturday night, I get a call from Cadet Coy himself. The first thing I ask is "How the hec did you get my number?" JROTC roster. Great. We start talking and I'm finding that I like the sound of his voice even on the phone. He calls again Monday night after school. He's telling me he likes me. I'm saying I guess I like you and then I guess it made it official. "I guess you're my girl." "I guess I am." And that is how we started. I think a week later I found out he was a sophomore and he found out I was a senior. Did that stop us? Nope. We just kept going. I thought it was going to be just a high school fling. And here I am married to him eight years later. And he's still a PUNK. 

But I know I love this man for everything he does for me. Everyday I say my morning prayers and thank Heavenly Father for someone who can accept me just the way I am, take the craziness without judging me, laugh at all the idiotic things I do, and handle me with care. Mr. Jimmy Coy, I love you. 


1 comment:

Brina Bear said...

and all this time, it was all a lie. hmmmmm. boy, did i fall hard. never again...