Better Sundays


The sniffles started last night with Jimmy and me. And just before I went to bed, I had the worst stomachache with a strong urge to visit Mr. Porcelain. Ew. Can I get a weekend where I'm not sick, please? Jimmy was feeling nauseous as well just before bed. It was hard for us to get to sleep but just as we were both drifting off, Ike woke up, crying angrily. Jimmy fetched the boy and brought him to bed so that we both could get some sleep. But sleep was not meant for me, I suppose. Lil man was in my face all night long no matter what I tried to get him to sleep. "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy.....hhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii," all with a cute, sweet lil smile. And he babbled pretty much all night long until about 4am. Jimmy and I woke up around 8am and this is how we found lil man. He was kicking Jimmy all night long and scooting closer to me, almost pushing me off the end. 

Well, my sinuses were still bothering me this morning. Jimmy made pancakes but most of mine went to Isaac's plate since I still felt queasy and my head was pounding the ugliest beat...I felt like my heart was right next to my ear with all the hammering in my skull! Jimmy wanted to go bike riding, though. I tried to suck it up and go along because Sundays are the only days we ever get with each other. Well, I failed! Couldn't keep up. Clumsy as hec. And I got cranky at the end of the ride. BOOOOO, mommy. 


Yes, well came back in for lunch. And then I shut myself up in my room. Medicated myself and tried to stay under the covers to see if some actual rest would make this headache go away. The nausea had passed. But the headache was still raging. I was congested as well so it was hard to breathe and eat and talk. Whatever is in the air...it is kicking my butt very majorly. And with my moodiness, I think I probably ruined a perfectly good day for me. But after a short nap, I did get up and attempt to fix the day.

We tried the finger painting again. This time I joined Isaac. Added two more colors. Orange and purple. And now that Isaac has the concept down, he was super giggly and squealing the whole time, calling out his colors. Purple though was blue-blue. HA! I made dinner. Scah-betti. Washed the dishes. Jimmy did laundry for me and cleaned up the mess Isaac made in the living room. I think if I weren't so moody today, I might have enjoyed the day more. I missed the beginning of the Playoffs today. I missed a shopping trip. I missed Isaac and dad play. I just detest having these headaches. All this mold and pollen. UGH! Tomorrow I'll be better.



I resolve to be better starting now. Be gone Ms. Moody. I'll beat  you yet Hella Headache!

No comments: