Today was a pretty good day as far getting things done. Laundry. Floors are clean. Bathrooms are sanitized. Vacuumed the rooms. And Isaac and I played outside for a couple of hours almost three even though today's weather was craptastic with the gray and the gloom. But my mood today...I've been irritated because I've hit a road bump in this short story. Inspiration just stopped and I'm blanking even though I've got my plot outlined and characters straight. I think the stress of the weekend caught up to my creative mind and stumped it for a while here. BOOOOO. Fortunately, I have time. Entries aren't due until August, judging is September and October we find out who the finalists are. Yay.
Also, I'm tired of stupid people. I'm tired of seeing people who don't appreciate their kids. And yes, I'm complaining again because I thought there would be a change. No amount of excuses can justify partying and screwing around while your kids miss you. I swear, I am seeing a rise in degenerate mothers. Not just young ones, but older women you'd think time and age taught them there's more to life than drinking, partying and doing drugs. I guess there's a purpose in the road they're taking...I just wonder when they'll learn their lesson and quit drowning in their lies. But no matter what the parent does, my heart always goes out to the kids, though. Why is it that the children are the ones who suffer the most? Who are punished unfairly for the stupidity of their parents?
Which is why I have solemnly vowed to do something about it. From now on, I am expending all my energy into this inspiration and that is to someday run a foster care/orphanage type program. If I can't have more kids, well there's plenty of kids who need a mother's love. And I got plenty of love for kids all ages from all walks of life. And I feel more and more that this is my calling in life.
So that's that for the venting. Off to read Book #6 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series...hoping to get it read in a day so I can move onto book #7 before book #8 comes out...which is like in TWO weeks.
Nitey-nite peeps!
2 comments:
Well you are an AWESOME mommy so thats what counts! We can make a difference!
you will be such a huge mentor and bring such a positive impact to lives of many children who probably feel that this is all they get in life:: disappointment
you just might be their turning point
you just might be the reason they change their ways and turn around in life and make a huge difference!
Post a Comment