Ingredients for a Sabrina

It's been a weird day today....so I've been in a weird mood. It's a new year...time for new beginnings. But I find myself studying my past self quite a bit lately. I've been reading through my journals...I found a journal I keep with writings to Dallace. And I found the journal I kept during my last year of marriage. And can I say WOW. Change is constant. Life is painful. These two facts are evident in my life. I have changed so much and most of it is due to PAIN that I have caused myself, or the pain I've caused to others, or the pain others have caused me. Yes; many, many changes in me.

But these things remain the same; these things make Sabrina Yakana:

*I am still a bookworm. I will never lose my love for reading. I have started reading a little bit more non-fiction but my favorite author is still Louisa May Alcott and fantasy and science fiction are still my favorite genres.

*I have a deep love for music. Especially classical piano. But I will listen to everything and give every song a chance. For me, life without music is bland and boring. It is my goal to put together the soundtrack to my life...you know, in case my epic life somehow becomes a movie... HA! And YES I love Yanni. Boo to you if you think that's lame...YOU'RE lame for thinking that...well...moving on...

*I am a nerd. And that means I am usually more introvert than I am extrovert. My glasses are PROOF that I am a nerd and I don't think I'll ever allow myself to wear contacts again because these days, I just love my NERD status and gotta play it up, ya know? LOL. Well I'll consider contacts if it means I could have deep, royal purple colored eyes....maybe.

*I tend to choose with my heart rather than my mind. No matter what. No matter who breaks my heart, no matter the darkness, my heart will always remain the biggest part of me. My heart is <-----------------------------------------------------------------------> much bigger than that...just saying.

*I write and write and write and write. My fingers, when there is no other task for them to do, are either typing or grasping a pen as thoughts, speculations, and stories spill forth out of this crazy head of mine. And someday, Riley will have her moment of glory. =)

*I am short. That's all there is to say about that...shall we move on?.....

*I will always be friendly first before I am ever MEAN. And I turn mean when I feel pressured to be anything I'm NOT.

*I hate my feet AND I hate your feet. Your feet and my feet should never touch unless you want a crazy reaction which might mean you won't have a pinky toe. So bluntly put, FEET frighten me. WHEW. That was hard to even type...cuz now I'm thinking about icky feet!!! Ok MOVING ON NOW!


No comments: