So at the beginning of October, I entered a weight loss competition at work along with five other co-workers. We all put up $20 to go in the pot. Winner takes all. First weigh in was October 1st. The last weigh in was to take place on December 9th. We all started out with great enthusiasm in the first two weeks. After those initial couple of weeks, some of us began to slack<--mostly ME! This past week I've tried to be more diligent not only because I would like to win the pot, but reaching that plateau and struggling with the same 10 pounds was frustrating me, and I had to do something about it. I've lost major weight before...dangit, I can do it again! AND possessing the rebellious nature that I do, I wanted to challenge my doctor's orders not to run and not to sign on for a half marathon. However, after running 3 miles every other night, my knees really began to protest and I began experiencing excruciating pain. So the struggle with the three pounds I kept gaining and losing continued much to my dismay and frustration.
Anyway, the POINT of this blog is to express my utter shock to the news that someone swiped $80.00 from the prized pot. What the shitake mushroom!! Who would do this? Why would someone do this? I know that the probability of me losing the $20 I put up was more likely to happen judging by my unsuccessful weight loss efforts anyway; I didn't think I'd lose it in this fashion, though. If I didn't get to enjoy and reap the rewards, at least someone else who gave the event as much effort as I did, if not more, could enjoy my contribution. I hope whoever did this had good reason (psssh GOOD reason!). I hope they were on the brink of starvation while we the competitors were starving ourselves anyway to win the jackpot. I hope their souls were on the line where Satan had asked for $80.00 and it saved them. I hope that they were in desperate, dire need.
Now to decide what we do. We the competitors. Our high spirits have been stripped as we each ponder the incredulousness of this crime against us. We are deflated and feeling betrayed, violated, and taken aback. Someone came up with the idea of using the remaining money to purchase pizza for all who've been burglarized.
Anyway, the POINT of this blog is to express my utter shock to the news that someone swiped $80.00 from the prized pot. What the shitake mushroom!! Who would do this? Why would someone do this? I know that the probability of me losing the $20 I put up was more likely to happen judging by my unsuccessful weight loss efforts anyway; I didn't think I'd lose it in this fashion, though. If I didn't get to enjoy and reap the rewards, at least someone else who gave the event as much effort as I did, if not more, could enjoy my contribution. I hope whoever did this had good reason (psssh GOOD reason!). I hope they were on the brink of starvation while we the competitors were starving ourselves anyway to win the jackpot. I hope their souls were on the line where Satan had asked for $80.00 and it saved them. I hope that they were in desperate, dire need.
Now to decide what we do. We the competitors. Our high spirits have been stripped as we each ponder the incredulousness of this crime against us. We are deflated and feeling betrayed, violated, and taken aback. Someone came up with the idea of using the remaining money to purchase pizza for all who've been burglarized.


1 comment:
hahahaha! the irony of the suggestion of buying pizza for a buncha office workers tryna lose weight! hahaha!
Post a Comment